Introduction to 7th Path Self-Hypnosis
Here is a quick start guide that will help you to get off to a good start as you learn and use the wonderful 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® system. Note that this is the bare essentials and it does not replace reading the 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® student manual that you received from your hypnotherapist or 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® Teacher.
Introduction: 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® is a mind-body-spirit approach to self-improvement and is the perfect supplement to hypnotherapy, or can be learned in a classroom setting. One does not have to be “spiritual” or “religious” to use it.
- Keep in mind that being successful in learning and using 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® requires you to put some time into it. Here is the recommended commitment of time:
- Practice it 3 times a day: in the morning, afternoon or evening and when you go to bed to sleep at night. You can use the Recognitions at other times, but they do not count for this time spent doing self-hypnosis.
- This should be done in a relatively quiet place without distraction, i.e., not on a bus or in a taxi, bur rather at home, in a library or in a parked car with the engine off.
- Do this consistently 4 to 6 weeks and then you can decide if you have accomplished what you want to do with it or if you would like to just keep doing 7th Path Self-Hypnosis®. Think of the 4 to 6 week period as the learning and evaluation period.
- Minimum time is five minutes per Recognition up until you have five Recognitions, at which time you simply divide the amount of time you are dedicating to a particular session by the number of Recognitions that you know and use.
- What is a Recognition? It is a standardized hypnotic suggestion that you give yourself. They come in a short form, long form, and ultimate form.
- What is a Delta? The Greek word and symbol “Delta” is used to represent your higher power, or highest philosophy. It is like a variable in a math equation, like x = a + b, or the same as having a blank in a sentence in which you would need to fill in the blank. You can change it at any time. It is the only part of the Recognition that is changed by the 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® practitioner.
- How do I do the Technique? Set a minimum amount of time for each self-hypnosis session, and then close your eyes and, 1) say the Recognition silently to yourself, and 2) wait for the Echo. Do that for the time of the session. 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® works best if you bring no other expectation to the process, i.e., for relaxation, or insight. Just focus on the doing the process correctly and you will go into the depth of hypnosis appropriate for the outcome that you desire.
- What is an Echo? An Echo is anything that comes from inside of you, particularly ANY thoughts, feelings (emotions), sensations, memories or pictures. Just let the Echo come. Do not consciously desire or cause an Echo. Just let it happen, and then say the Recognition again.
- How can you tell if you are doing 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® correctly? If you are resting with your eyes closed, you are in a safe and comfortable position and saying the Recognition silently to yourself and waiting for the Echo, then you are doing it perfectly (no matter what Echoes or experiences occur).
- How do I get more Recognitions and the longer forms? Any 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® certified teacher can teach them to you. If you need to locate a 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® teacher call our office at 469-969-2176 or 800-965-3390.
- Do not teach 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® to anyone unless you become a certified 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® Teacher.
- Your teacher should have given you a 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® booklet, and offered you the opportunity to participate in our 7th Path Self-Hypnosis® discussion group. If this did not happen for you, contact our office and we will see to it that you receive the booklet and become able to participate in the discussion group if you would like.
Now remember that you get out of this what you put into it. Make a commitment to taking the time to do it everyday. You are worth it! You deserve to make these positive changes! Welcome to the Path of success and happiness. Tell your friends and help them to find the Path as well.